Get Real-World Experience That Lasts a Lifetime
The National Cherry Festival is searching for energetic people to help us plan, market and implement our eight-day event. We are proud to offer several different lengths of internship for the 2018 National Cherry Festival, 30 week internships, a 15 week internship and 3 week internships. Our internship program is sponsored by Fifth Third Bank.
30 Week Internship
NCF 30 Week interns work in one of two areas of concentration: Operations and Volunteers or Ticketing and Social Media. Both of these internships may also include the opportunity to work on various other projects with in the NCF. The projected dates of this internship are February 5, 2018 to August 31, 2018. Applications need to be received on or before October 15, 2017.
For more information, please view the 30 week internship description here.
15 Week Internship
This internship is focused in Warehouse Management and Logistics. For more information, please view the description here. The projected dates of this internship are May 7, 2018 to August 24, 2018. Applications need to be received on or before October 15, 2017.
3 week internships
These shorter internships are a great lead in to learning about the National Cherry Festival’s ins and outs and prepare the student for a possible 15 or 30-week internship in the future year. These interns are engrossed in various aspects of the Festival. For more information, please click here. The projected dates of this internship are June 20, 2018 to July 11, 2018. Applications for this position must be received by March 16, 2018.
To apply, please send cover letter (specifying which internship you are applying for) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For applications for the ticketing and social media 30 week intern, please include a writing sample.
Regardless of the position you apply for, we’d like to see the following qualifications:
- Strong organization and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Proficiency with MS Office, Internet and Email
- Competency in operating general office equipment
- The ability to work well with others or alone
- Motivated and detail oriented
- Positive attitude and good sense of humor (We like to have fun!)
- A desire for achievement, and a willingness to go above and beyond the call of duty to make it happen
We offer a fun, fast-paced environment that encourages enthusiasm and promotes creativity, as well as:
- College credit through your internship program
- An All-Access pass to 150+ Festival events
- A semester-based stipend payment
- Hands-on event industry work
- Having a positive influence in the community
- Various networking opportunities
- Spending up to 6 months in one of "America's Most Beautiful Places" (as named by Good Morning America)Traverse City, Michigan!